Join the march of EXPO 2018 into New Orleans
The telecom industry continues its breakneck pace, with technology improvements and legislative changes becoming regular occurrences. We are gearing up to provide you with the latest news and information at EXPO 2018, November 4 through 7, in the Big Easy at the New Orleans Marriott.
Our curriculum is rich with classes and panel discussions cutting to the heart of the issues of the day and will be of interest to both A-CAM and rate-of-return companies. We hope you plan to join us. Registration is open and early birds will benefit, so please visit our registration site for conference and hotel details.
Sunday evening and Monday
If you arrive early on Sunday, please join us at our welcome reception from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. to enjoy a light snack and retrieve your conference package.
Monday morning’s opening session will feature the rural associations as Jeff Dupree, NECA vice president of Government Relations, will moderate a panel of rural associations representatives addressing the state of regulatory change and implications of recent actions by the FCC and Congress. Classes will begin following the panel discussion.
Participating vendors will hold their showcase starting at 4 p.m., concluding with prize drawings at 7 p.m. You’ll enjoy ending your first full day by visiting their booths and indulging in some refreshments.
Classes resume Tuesday and conclude Wednesday at noon
USF reform remains widely discussed but other critical topics, such as A-CAM model support and cost recovery, are also featured. Here is a sampling of our scheduled classes and panels:
- USF reform and order: USF Reform Panel; Cost Recovery Update; and FCC’s Report and Order: Excluded Expenses.
- A-CAM and support: A-CAM Panel – Forging Ahead with Model Support; and NECA’s USF Support Payment Process.
- Pooling and rates: Average Schedule Update; From Forecasts Through True-Ups: Pooling Together; ETS Rate Realignment: Public Safety Possibilities; and NECA Settlements Update: Spotlight on CAF BLS True-Ups.
- Regulatory and federal happenings: Corporate Transactions Under the New USF/ICC Regime; Effects of Recent Regulatory Activity on Support and Rates; and Inside the Beltway.
- Inside NECA: Navigating NECA Resources; NECA – Communicating with the Industry; NECA Overview; and You Say You Want Data?
- Other telecom topics: Broadband Partnerships; Network Virtualization in the Rural Network; Intercarrier Compensation; and Internet Freedom.
Tuesday morning offers informational sessions conducted by participating vendors prior to the beginning of classes. On Wednesday morning, it is the consultants’ chance to do the same.
Food, friends and fun
The EXPO planning group ensures attendees are offered an abundance of interesting, educational and relevant classroom experiences through our diverse course curriculum. In a legendary location such as New Orleans, you also have the opportunity for an enjoyable balance of work and play as the city offers cultural and culinary opportunities aplenty. Visit our EXPO site for all registration and hotel information, how to download our EXPO app and bookmark our microsite.