Foresight is 20/20 for new tariff initiatives
You are likely familiar with the phrase “hindsight is 20/20,” but for our 2020 tariff initiatives, foresight is equally applicable. It doesn’t necessarily mean we can predict the future, but our foresight incorporates careful anticipation with insight. Combining that with examining industry trends and listening to our members assures our 2020 proposed tariff offerings and associated services will satisfy all member needs.
Our 2020 vision:
- A new Ethernet Transport Service E-rate option offering to help members serve schools, libraries and educational consortium with lower ETS rates.
- Higher ETS speeds at 100 Gbps, 200 Gbps and 400 Gbps to provide faster services to support wireless backhaul.
- Another ETS rate reduction and realignment to help members stay competitive.
- A potential DSL rate reduction allowing more moderate rate increases when customers request higher speed services and help members boost their bottom line.
- An ETS Fixed Rate Option.
- Potential special customer application tariffs to assist members in responding to government agency, medical facility, university, state and regional network demands.
Last year we introduced our Service Pricing Tool (login required) to assist members in pricing out special access and ETS circuits quickly and with ease. This year we will take the tool to new levels by adding Tariff F.C.C. No. 4 Office Type Codes and Billing Percentages, additional ETS rate elements and DSL rates. These are just a few of the many enhancements our members can expect to see.
Utilizing our 20/20 foresight, we are clearly committed to listening to member input and helping to keep customers connected.
For more information on NECA tariffs and pooling, under the About Us top menu, select Benefits of Tariffs and Pool Participation and see the right column, Member resources (login required).